WHY CHOOSE CAMP RIVERWOOD?
YOU BELONG AT CAMP RIVERWOOD
- EXPERIENCE MATTERS! We are proud to be opening up for our 17th summer this year!
- Enjoying the great outdoors! Almost all of our programs are outdoors where we have plenty of natural shade, green spaces, designated picnic tables, and cool-down water games, making Riverwood the safer option. In the event of rain we can easily accommodate physical distancing in our many covered sheltered facilities.
- We have a Health Centre staffed with a minimum of one student nurse, an outdoor triage area (to reduce indoor interactions) as well as a designated and supervised isolation zone. Whether your child has a tummy ache or needs extra TLC, our health Centre Staff are there to keep them well and safe.
- Our bus routes make a difference! With many convenient bus stops throughout Toronto and Durham, our goal is to provide short and efficient bus routes for your children. We are flexible with regards to transportation changes to accommodate our parents’ changing needs. Our bussing staff are there to keep your children safe while on their way to and from camp!
- Prefer to drive your kids to Camp? Our staff provide you with a quick and efficient Kiss’n Ride loop, where you don’t even have to get out of your car. The staff escorts their campers directly to their unit for them to start their day!
- So much to choose from! With our phenomenal Traditional Camp program and over 20 different Optional Specialty Programs, there is something for every age and interest at Riverwood. Mix and match our programs weekly to offer your child a well-rounded summer camp experience.
- Our caring and dedicated Director and Administrative Team work full-time onsite throughout the year. We are here to answer your questions and help you choose the best program for your child and even walk you through our safety protocols. Parents love our personal touch when it comes to communication with our Office Staff, Leadership Team and Directors! We do our best to be as flexible and accommodating as possible.
- Our experienced Head Staff, many of which are returning, and Leadership Team are your front line contacts to your children during camp time. Many of our Unit Heads are certified teachers or are currently in Teacher’s College. Some have been staff in camping for over 10 years, while others have grown up at Riverwood since they were little campers. Each with their own dedicated email, you can always contact them to check on your child, provide insight on your camper, ask questions or request a picture! Our Head Staff are here for you!
- Our staff makes the difference! We hand pick each and every staff member ensuring that they are a great fit. We offer some of the lowest counsellor to camper ratios to ensure that your children are safe, happy and well-looked after! Counsellors and instructors receive extensive training prior to camp, whether to learn how to carefully handle a variety of camper situations or to learn how to execute safety. Our staff consider Riverwood to be their second home and go above and beyond to make every camper feel special.
- The energy and spirit at Riverwood is unmatched!! Some say it feels more like an overnight camp in that making friendships and memories is what we are all about. You can feel it in the atmosphere and see it in the tears on the last day of camp! Many describe Riverwood as their “home away from home”. The close knit, family environment that is created every summer amongst campers and staff, makes Camp Riverwood a truly unique summer experience!
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS & UPDATES
A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE
Prior to enrolment, we strongly recommend that new and returning families take a few moments to familiarize themselves with our new and updated COVID-19 literature, including our: