What You Can Expect:
- Experience and success in navigating and implementing Ministry Of Health Covid-19 Guidelines. Our ability to pivot and adapt to changing Government Guidelines throughout the summer allows us to provide your children with the best programs and a greater sense of normalcy!
- A warm, friendly, fun environment, lead by caring and trained staff, head staff and directors.
- Located on the beautiful grounds at Petticoat Creek Conservation Area with plenty of natural shaded spaces.
- Everyone takes part in our Traditional Camp offering fun and engaging age appropriate unique activities.
- Over 15 amazing Optional Specialty Programs to choose from ranging from STEM, Arts, Sports and more!
- We have programs to suit every age, interest and skill level.
- Convenient Point-to-Point bussing options (physically distanced in accordance with Covid-19 Ministry Guidelines) from The Beaches, West Hill, Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Brooklin, and Oshawa
- Extended day options from 8:00 AM until 5:30 PM for parents that require a longer camp day
- Personal touch when it comes to communication with our Office Staff, Leadership Team and Directors! We do our best to be as flexible and accommodating as possible within the parameters of the COVID-19 Guidelines.
WHY CHOOSE CAMP RIVERWOOD?
- EXPERIENCE MATTERS! Campers enjoyed a successful COVID-19 free season at Camp Riverwood in Summer 2021! Our experience navigating through the pandemic and adapting to the changing government guidelines over the past year, along with almost 20 years in camping, has strengthened us as leaders and innovators! We love what we do and that is to provide children with an incredible camp experience while giving parents the peace of mind that their children are safe and well looked after!!
- Enjoying the great outdoors! Almost all of our programs are outdoors where we have plenty of natural shade, green spaces, designated picnic tables, and cool-down water games, making Riverwood the safer option while we live through COVID-19. In the event of rain we can easily accommodate physical distancing in our many covered sheltered facilities.
- We have a Health Centre staffed with a minimum of one student nurse, an outdoor triage area (to reduce indoor interactions) as well as a designated and supervised isolation zone. Whether your child has a tummy ache or needs extra TLC, our health Centre Staff are there to keep them well and safe.
- Our bus routes make a difference! With many convenient bus stops throughout the Toronto and Durham, our goal is to provide short and efficient bus routes for your children. We follow Ministry of Health Guidelines by limiting the number of campers on the buses so that they can be physically distanced. We are flexible with regards to transportation changes to accommodate our parents’ changing needs. Our bussing staff are there to keep your children safe while on their way to and from camp!
- Prefer to drive your kids to Camp? Our staff provide you with a quick and efficient Kiss’n Ride loop, where you don’t even have to get out of your car. The staff escort their campers directly to their unit for them to start their day!
- So much to choose from! With our phenomenal Traditional Camp program and over 15 different Optional Specialty Programs, there is something for every age and interest at Riverwood. Mix and match our programs weeklyh to offer your child a well-rounded summer camp experience.
- Our caring and dedicated Director and Administrative Team work full-time onsite throughout the year. We are here to answer your questions and help you choose the best program for your child and even walk you through our safety protocols. Parents love our personal touch when it comes to communication with our Office Staff, Leadership Team and Directors! We do our best to be as flexible and accommodating as possible within the parameters of the Covid-19 Guidelines.
- Our experienced and long-time Head Staff Leadership Team are your front line contacts to your children during camp time. Many of our Unit Heads are certified teachers or are currently in Teacher’s College. Some have been staff in camping for over 10 years, while others have grown up at Riverwood since they were little campers. Each with their own dedicated email, you can always contact them to check on your child, provide insight on your camper, ask questions or request a picture! Our Head Staff are here for you!
- Our staff make the difference! We hand pick each and every staff member ensuring that they are a great fit. We offer some of the lowest counsellor to camper ratios to ensure that your children are safe, happy and well looked after! Counsellors and instructors receive extensive training prior to camp, whether to learn how to carefully handle a variety of camper situations or to learn how to execute safety and sanitation protocols during COVID-19. Our staff consider Riverwood to be their second home and go above and beyond to make every camper feel special.
- The energy and spirit at Riverwood is unmatched!! Some say it feels more like an overnight camp in that making friendships and memories is what we are all about. You can feel it in the tears seen on the last day of camp! Many describe Riverwood as their “home away from home”. The close knit, family environment that is created every summer amongst campers and staff (even through COVID-19), makes Camp Riverwood a truly unique summer experience!
The Best Summer Camp In Durham – Riverwood Truly Is Closer Than You Think!
Choose between our many convenient Point-to-Point bus locations (many of which are direct routes to camp) or alternatively you may choose to drive your child(ren) to camp and save the bussing costs.
Bus Service is available throughout The Beaches, West Hill, Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Brooklin, and Oshawa. Check out our Location Map to see what Bussing Options are available in your area!
Carpool kiss n ride was great! It was nice that there was a directional volunteer there each morning in case we had someone new picking up the kids that didn't know where to go.
This was our first year at Camp Riverwood. We were very impressed with all aspects of your organization, from the incredibly warm and mature camp counsellors, to the variety and execution of the camp activities, and finally to the seamless drop off and pick up system each day. We will definitely be sending our children back next year. Thank you for all of the time, care and hard work you put into making the best of what must have been a very difficult year to manage.
This is his 1st time and as a mother I had my own inhibitions about how the camp would be, what my son would do till 4pm and all. The very 1st day my son came back home all happy and never ending stories to share about the camp. He loves his bus ride as well. Today he came back home and said he is feeling sad as the camp is getting over and he doesn't want that. Kudos to each one of you to plan so much to keep the kids busy. This is an amazing place for the kids and as a parent I know my child is in safe hands. My son is definitely gonna be a returning camper next year!
Working here has brought things out in me I never knew existed. I was such a closed off person, but now I have confidence and feel so much more outgoing and free to be myself. Making memories with campers & staff will be something I'll cherish forever.
Thank you for an incredible summer. We are already planning on coming back next year. He loved his councillors and was just so happy everyday we picked him up. We appreciate the hard work it takes to create a fun and normal experience in the midst of a pandemic.