REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR SUMMER 2023!
SUMMER 2023 CAMP DATES & FEES
Week 2: July 10 – July 14
Week 3: July 17 – July 21
Week 4: July 24 – July 28
Week 5: July 31 – August 4
Week 6: August 8 – August 11 (4 Days)
Week 7: August 14- August 18
Week 8: August 21 – August 25
Week 9: August 28 – September 1
LEADERSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
For Campers Completing Gr. 7, 8 & 9 in June 2023
LTP Program runs in 2-week session blocks. Register for 1, 2 or 3 sessions!
Session 1: Week 2+3
Session 2: Week 4+5
Session 3: Week 6+7
LARGE FAMILY DISCOUNT
Take advantage of our BIG discounts with you enrol 3 or more children at camp. Save 15% off the camp fee for the third or fourth child!
Children must be siblings residing in the same home for discounts to apply. Discounts are applied to the lowest camp fee. Discount does not apply to Optional Specialty Programs, Hot Lunch Program, Before and After Care, Transportation or the Leadership Training Program.
SUMMER 2023 TRANSPORTATION, OPTIONAL PROGRAMS & SERVICES FEES
$50/week +HST per child
Before Camp Care (8:00am – 9:00am): $45/week + HST
After Camp Care (4:00pm – 5:00pm): $45/week + HST
Weeks 7 & 8
$XX/week per child + HST
1 ON 1 COUNSELLOR
Campers Completing Nursery to Grade 7 in 2021
HOT LUNCH PROGRAM
Daily and Weekly options will be available in June 2021
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE
Prior to enrolment, we strongly recommend that new and returning families take a few moments to familiarize themselves with our new and updated literature, including our:
RIVERWOOD OPTIONAL ILLNESS INSURANCE
$15/WEEK PER CHILD
At the time of enrolment, parents may choose to sign up for the Riverwood Optional Illness Insurance which covers against the possibility that a camper may have an extended absence or need to withdraw from Camp as a result of illness or injury. Coverage provides for a proportional refund, once two or more consecutive days of camp are missed as a result of an illness or an injury only (proof of illness may be required). It will also cover absences exceeding three consecutive days while waiting for COVID-19 test results.
If coverage is desired, just add the Riverwood Optional Illness Insurance to your camp fees at registration – this cannot be added once your Application for Enrolment has been confirmed.
THE 2023 FINE PRINT:
Please note that a 2.4% service fee will apply for payments using credit cards. There are NO service fees for e-transfer payments.
Camp fees are deductible as a child care expense.
a) Your deposit is refundable if we cannot confirm your application.
b) If you must cancel your application:
- Up until May 15th, 2023, your deposit and paid portion of your camp fee is refundable, less a service charge of $100 per camper.
- After May 15th, 2023 Camp Fees are NOT refundable and are NOT eligible for a credit for Summer 2024. ONLY if the Government does not allow camps to open will you receive a 100% refund on camp fees after May 15th, 2023. If camps are shut down mid-season by the Government, you will receive a pro-rated refund for the days missed.
c) Sessions may be moved within Summer 2023 at no extra cost as long as there is space availability. Extending your child(ren)’s number of weeks at camp (example: extending from 2 to 4 weeks) will be subject to availability and the fees that are in effect at the time of the change.
d) Our above refund and shortening policy will remain in effect with NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Once your child(ren)’s camp session has begun as per their enrolment, camp fees are NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Our fees are for a personal reservation for a specific period and not a day by day fee. We therefore will not refund fees for days missed for any reason. Days missed cannot be made up. Inquire about our Riverwood Optional Illness Insurance.
- Refund requests are made in writing to the Camp Registrar.
- All refunds will be issued after September 1st within 30 days.
e) Given the current COVID-19 landscape in Ontario, we have removed the vaccine requirement for campers and staff for Summer 2023. Riverwood will continue to monitor the situation as it develops with respect to COVID-19 in consultation with Durham Region Public Health and our health committee, and reserve the right to update this policy as required.
NEW! Shortening policy – shortening your child(ren)’s enrolment dates (example: shortening your weeks from 6 to 4 weeks). If you must shorten:
- Prior to May 15th, 2023, your camp fees will be adjusted for the enrolled weeks and a refund will be issued.
- After May 15, 2023, your camp fees will be adjusted for the enrolled weeks, less a service charge of $50 per week per child; a credit will be applied for the difference between the original weeks and the shortened weeks less the service charge for Summer 2024. NO REFUNDS will be available.
All forms must be completed online. If you have any questions please contact the camp office at 905-887-1400 between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays or contact us by email.
Please note that if there is a difference between our printed fee schedule for 2020 and the online registration application, the fee in the Summer 2020 Fees and Camp Dates Schedule is the correct amount.
All forms must be completed online. If you have any questions please contact the camp office at 905-428-0042 between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays or contact us by email.
Please note that if there is a difference between our fee schedule for 2023 and the online registration application, the fee on this page is the correct amount.