Pre-camp for ALL staff is Saturday, June 22nd, Wednesday, July 3rd, from 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Thursday, July 4th from 11:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m. Attendance to all 3 days is mandatory and a condition of your employment.
PreCamp Busing – Time Will Be Posted Next Week!
The first day of camp this year is Monday, July 8th and there is no camp on Monday, August 5th – the Civic Holiday!
STAFF SURVIVAL GUIDE
Read the Staff Survival Guide (link will be active next week). It outlines all the important things you need to know to prepare for camp. It is important that you review the Staff Policies and Procedures outlined in this Staff Handbook.
STAFF MEDICAL FORM
You must complete the Staff Medical Form (link will be active next week) online and submit it to the camp office no later than June 20th. Your Staff ID was emailed to you.
PREPARING FOR PRE-CAMP
- Pack a bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, lunch, drinks and snacks (peanut & nut free) and remember that the dress code starts at pre-camp ( You will receive your camp shirts on the third day of pre-camp). You should wear running shoes and be prepared with a sweatshirt and long pants, as it IS VERY cool in the morning, or rain boots if the forecast calls for rain.
- Pack a peanut/nut free lunch and snacks. You will not be allowed to purchase food (not guaranteed peanut/nut free) or go offsite.
- You must bring a binder with paper and a pen with you each and every day of camp and pre-camp. You will need to take notes and have a spot to keep handouts – being organized at camp is key!
- You will find out your summer assignment at pre-camp, don’t worry!
- The majority of our communication with staff this summer will be via e-mail – check regularly. It is important to ensure that your email filters do not block messages sent from the camp – check your junk mail.
- Bring your spirit, energy and an open mind! Lots of fun is going to be had and that may include getting wet, dirty and a little bit silly!
- The first day of camp is Monday July 8th!
If you haven’t already, please join our Staff Facebook Group to keep in touch, make new friends and never miss any important information.
Please print the 2019 Camp Calendar to stick up in your room for quick reference of camp events.
All of us on the Head Staff team are counting the days to the start of camp so we can begin our fantantibulous summer adventure together.
If you have any questions, please contact us at the camp office, we are always here for you.
See you at Pre-Camp
Camp Telephone: 905-428-0042
Camp Address: 1100 Whites Rd. in Pickering, ON (South of Hwy 401)