Conditions of Enrolment
a) Riverwood Country Day Camp Inc. o/a Camp Riverwood, All-Star Sports Camp Inc. o/a All-Star Sports Camp, Green Acres Outdoor Education Centre, Markham, Cedar Creek Riding Stables Inc. o/a Cedar Creek, Corporate Cowboys Inc., Green Acres Equities Inc.,its agents, owners, officers, affiliates, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on its behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as ‘Riverwood’).
b)All camp programs and activities, including but not limited to bussing, camp events, activities outside of camp property, activities taught by third parties, swim, and unstructured time (hereinafter collectively ‘Activities’).
1. The first day of camp is Monday, July 10th, 2023. There will be no camp on the Civic Holiday Monday, August 7, 2023.
2. Applications cannot be confirmed unless accompanied by the required deposit or full payment of camp fees per child. Your child(ren) will only be permitted to start camp once fees are paid in full prior to the start of their camp session.
3. Refund policy:
Your deposit is refundable if we cannot confirm your application.
If you must cancel your application:
Up until May 15th, 2023, your deposit and paid portion of your camp fee is refundable, less a service charge of $100 per camper.
After May 15th, 2023 Camp Fees are NOT refundable and are NOT eligible for a credit for Summer 2024. ONLY if the Government does not allow camps to open will you receive a 100% refund on camp fees after May 15th, 2023. If camps are shut down mid-season by the Government, you will receive a pro-rated refund for the days missed.
4. NEW! Shortening policy – shortening your child(ren)’s enrolment dates (example: shortening your weeks from 6 to 4 weeks). If you must shorten:
Prior to May 15, 2023, your camp fees will be adjusted for the enrolled weeks and a refund will be issued.
After May 15, 2023, your camp fees will be adjusted for the enrolled weeks, less a service charge of $50 per week per child; a credit will be applied for the difference between the original weeks and the shortened weeks less the service charge for Summer 2024. NO REFUNDS will be available.
5. Sessions may be moved within Summer 2023 at no extra cost as long as there is space availability. Extending your child(ren)’s number of weeks at camp (example: extending from 2 to 4 weeks) will be subject to availability and the fees that are in effect at the time of the change.
6. Our above refund and shortening policy will remain in effect with NO EXCEPTIONS.
Once your child(ren)’s camp session has begun as per their enrolment, camp fees are NOT REFUNDABLE.
Our fees are for a personal reservation for a specific period and not a day by day fee. We therefore will not refund fees for days missed for any reason. Days missed cannot be made up. Inquire about our Riverwood Optional Illness Insurance.
Refund requests are made in writing to the Camp Registrar.
All refunds will be issued after September 1st within 30 days.
7. Given the current COVID-19 landscape in Ontario, we have removed the vaccine requirement for campers and staff for Summer 2023. Riverwood will continue to monitor the situation as it develops with respect to COVID-19 in consultation with Durham Region Public Health and our health committee, and reserve the right to update this policy as required.
8. Riverwood reserves the right to terminate the registration of any camper if, in the opinion of the Directors, it is in the best interest of the child or the camp. In such event, a proportional refund will be made.
9. I agree to allow my child to participate in all camp Activities and I give camp officials authority to act on my behalf in case of an emergency.
10. The Parent and/or Legal Guardian (hereinafter collectively “Parent”) grants permission for the Camper(s) as outlined in the Application for Enrolment (hereinafter collectively “Camper”) to attend and participate in Riverwood Activities and understands that these Activities entail known and unanticipated risks. These risks may be caused by Campers’ own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activities, including but not limited to other campers and/or staff or the condition in which the Activities takes place. The Parent and/or Camper hereby fully accept and assume all such risks that could result in physical or emotional injury or damage to the Camper, to property or to third parties and all responsibility for losses, cost and damages incurred as a result of Campers’ attendance at Riverwood including participation in Riverwood Activities.
11. The Parent and/or Legal Guardian agrees to keep their child(ren) home if they are sick, not feeling well for any reason, and/or exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 (or any other communicable disease). The child’s return to camp will be determined in conjunction with advice and consultation from local Public Health.
12. Riverwood is not responsible for the loss or damage to Campers’ belongings, medication and/or equipment and/or other items while in transit or at Riverwood.
13. The Parent and Camper hereby voluntarily releases, forever discharges, and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Riverwood and to waive any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, that the Parent and Camper have or may have in the future against Riverwood and to release Riverwood from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury that the Parent and Camper may suffer.
14. The Parent or Guardian hereby understands that Riverwood will have zero tolerance for physical and/or verbal abuse towards any staff by Parents. Please respect the staff that look after the care of your children while at camp. Any person found in breach of this condition may be asked to terminate their child’s time at Camp. In the case of camper termination, a refund for the remaining days would be issued.
15. The Parent or Guardian hereby consents to the use by Riverwood of the camper’s photograph or video image for publicity purposes.
16. The Parent or Guardian hereby consents to the sharing of your personal information with Camp Wahanowin.
17. The Parent or Guardian also hereby consents for the child’s name and contact information to be included in a friendship list to be shared within the cabin.
18. Riverwood reserves the right to change or update our policies and/or programs and/or optional extras as the Ontario Ministry of Health may make recommendations and/or changes to the Summer Day Camp guidelines.
19. This document in conjunction with our Safe Camp Policy and Waiver of Liability in relation to COVID-19 (or any other Communicable Diseases) sets forth the entire agreement between Riverwood, the Parent and the Camper and supersedes and replaces all other discussions, agreements, (whether written or verbal), contracts, representations, promises, negotiations or any other matter. This document can only be changed, modified or amended in writing by both parties.
20. If any portion of this document is found to be void and unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.