CONDITIONS OF ENROLMENT
Definitions as per Conditions of Enrollment:
a) Riverwood Country Day Camp Inc., its agents, owners, officers, affiliates, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on its behalf o/a Camp Riverwood, All-Star Sports Camp Inc. o/a All-Star Sports Camp, Green Acres Outdoor Education Centre, Markham, Cedar Creek Riding Stables Inc. o/a Cedar Creek, Corporate Cowboys Inc., Green Acres Equities Inc. (hereinafter collectively referred to as ‘Riverwood’).
b)All camp programs and activities, including but not limited to bussing, camp events, activities outside of camp property, activities taught by third parties, swim, and unstructured time (hereinafter collectively ‘Activities’).
1. The first day of camp is Monday, July 12th, 2021. There will be no camp on the Civic Holiday Monday, August 2, 2021.
2. Applications cannot be confirmed unless accompanied by the required deposit or full payment of camp fees per child. Your child(ren) will only be permitted to start camp once fees are paid in full prior to the start of their camp session.
3. Refund policy:
a) Your deposit is refundable if we cannot confirm your application.
b) Your deposit is non-refundable once your application has been confirmed.
c) Up until May 17, 2021, your camp fee is refundable, less a service charge of $100 per camper (equal to the deposit amount). Refunds on camp fees are ONLY available if the Government does not allow camps to open OR shuts camps down mid-season due to Covid-19. Otherwise, Camp Fees are not refundable after May 17, 2021.
d) Sessions may be moved within Summer 2021 at no extra cost as long as there is space availability. Extending your child(ren)’s number of weeks at camp (example: extending from 2 to 4 weeks) will be subject to availability and will be charged the fees that are in effect at the time of change. Shortening your child(ren)’s enrolment dates (example: shortening your weeks from 6 to 4 weeks) after payment has been made in full will be subject to a credit for the following camp season only. Credits do NOT apply to full cancellations – Up until May 17, 2021, your camp fee is refundable, less a service charge of $100.00 per camper (equal to the deposit amount). Camp fees are not refundable after May 17, 2021. Refunds will ONLY be available if the Government does not allow day camps to open OR shuts camps down mid-season due to Covid-19. We understand that the trajectory of Covid-19 provides a lot of uncertainty for parents in making decisions about the future, including their plans for camp in Summer 2021. Assuming that we are allowed to open and operate in Summer 2021, our above refund policy will remain in effect with NO EXCEPTIONS.
e) If there is a positive case of Covid-19 in your child’s Cohort (group up to 15 as of current Ministry of Health Guidelines and may change prior to the summer), which results in your child not attending camp and must self-isolate for 14 days as per public health guidelines, you will receive a refund for the days missed.
f) Once your child(ren)’s camp has begun as per their enrolment, camp fees are NOT REFUNDABLE.
g) Our fees are for a personal reservation for a specific period and not a day by day fee. We therefore will not refund fees for days missed for any reason, other than for a positive case of Covid-19 as stated above in item (e). Days missed cannot be made up.
h) Refund requests are made in writing to the Camp Registrar.
i) All refunds will be issued after September 1st within 30 days.
j) Due to the guidelines implemented to reduce the risk of spread of Covid-19, your child(ren) cannot switch cohorts or switch programs once a session has started.
4.Riverwood reserves the right to terminate the registration of any camper if, in the opinion of the Directors, it is in the best interest of the child or the camp. In such an event, a proportional refund will be made.
5. I agree to allow my child to participate in all camp Activities and in any supervised trips or Activities not on camp property, and I give camp officials authority to act on my behalf in case of an emergency.
6. The Parent and/or Legal Guardian (hereinafter collectively ‘Parent’) grants permission for the Camper(s) as outlined in the Application for Enrolment (hereinafter collectively ‘Camper’) to attend and participate in Riverwood Activities and understands that these Activities entail known and unanticipated risks. These risks may be caused by Campers’ own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activities, including but not limited to other campers and/or staff or the condition in which the Activities takes place. The Parent and/or Camper hereby fully accept and assume all such risks that could result in physical or emotional injury or damage to the Camper, to property or to third parties and all responsibility for losses, cost and damages incurred as a result of Campers’ attendance at Riverwood including participation in Riverwood Activities.
7. The Parent and/or Legal Guardian understands that they will need to fill out a daily assessment form for each child attending camp, attesting to the child’s good health and that they are not exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19 and have not been in contact with any persons that have tested positive for Covid-19. Campers will not be permitted onsite at Riverwood without submitting this form daily.
8. The Parent and/or Legal Guardian agrees to keep their child(ren) home if they are sick, not feeling well for any reason, and/or exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19. The child’s return to camp will be determined in conjunction with advice and consultation from local Public Health.
9. Riverwood is not responsible for the loss or damage to Campers’ belongings and/or equipment and/or other items while at Riverwood and/or in transit to or from Riverwood.
10. The Parent and Camper hereby voluntarily releases, forever discharges, and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Camp Riverwood and to waive any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, that the Parent and Camper have or may have in the future against Riverwood and to release Riverwood from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury that the Parent and Camper may suffer.
11. The Parent or Guardian hereby understands that Riverwood will have zero tolerance for physical and/or verbal abuse towards any staff by Parents. Please respect the staff that look after and care for your children while at camp. Any person found in breach of this condition may be asked to terminate their child’s time at Camp. In the case of camper termination, a refund for the remaining days would be issued.
12. The Parent or Guardian hereby consents to the use by Riverwood of the camper’s photograph or video image for publicity purposes.
13. The Parent or Guardian hereby consents to the sharing of your personal information with Riverwood.
14. The Parent or Guardian also hereby consents for the child’s name and contact information to be included in a friendship list to be shared within the cabin.
15. Riverwood reserves the right to change, cancel and/or update our policies and/or programs and/or optional extras as the Ministry of Health may make recommendations and/or changes to the Covid-19 guidelines.
16. This document in conjunction with our Safe Camp Policy and Waiver of Liability in relation to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) sets forth the entire agreement between Riverwood, the Parent and the Camper and supersedes and replaces all other discussions, agreements, (whether written or verbal), contracts, representations, promises, negotiations or any other matter. This document can only be changed, modified or amended in writing by both parties.
17. If any portion of this document is found to be void and unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.