At Camp Riverwood we have plenty of different programs and one of the programs is Tasty Treats where campers get to make treats! Yesterday campers got the chance to make some mini pizzas which were a delight!
Today the campers got the opportunity to create cookie dough cupcakes and they were DELICIOUS! They baked perfectly and the campers got to learn some new skills! Check out the recipe below.
Cookie Dough Cupcakes
- ¼ cup butter (room temperature)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp pre-made cookie dough, rolled into balls
- 1 container of icing
- Box of mini cookies
- Small cupcake pan (4-6)
- Cupcake liners
- 2 mixing bowls
- Mixing spoons
- Measuring spoons
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350F
- Line a small cupcake tray with 4 cupcake liners
- Place a cookie dough ball into the liner
- Using a whisk, cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale.
- Whisk in the egg until it is combined.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together and then fold it into the butter mix using a large spoon
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake liners until they are ¾
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are firm in the middle and don’t appear damp
- Set cupcakes aside to cool!
- Once completely cool, frost and top cupcakes with a mini cookie and enjoy!