Today was a great success with plenty of fun activities done in each group. Campers were doing various activities from playing soccer and tetherball to swimming and doing arts and crafts. The great energy produced by the fantastic campers and counselors only made the day better.
We are all so excited at camp to get ready for our dress-up day tomorrow where the theme is: MOVIES! We encourage all campers to dress up in any way the can 🙂
At Tasty Treats (an optional half say program) the Mustang, Hawk, and Tiger girls in the program attempted to make Apple Caramel Bites and Chocolate Covered Pretzels. All week these girls assisted by the two Tasty Treats counselors, Alexandra and Charlotte, have been creating wonderful treats to eat, from layered dip to dessert pizzas. Here is one of the following recipes the girls used this week:
- 3 table spoons of butter/margarine
- 1 package of marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- Canned Frosting
- Assorted Gummies
- Multi-coloured Sprinkles
- Microwavable Bowls
- Plastic Safe Knifes
- In a microwavable safe bowl melt the butter. Add marshmallows and stir completely until melted
- Add Rice Krispies. Stir until well coated
- Flatten a ball of Rice Krispies into a bowl
- Add Icing as a base for the Treat Pizza
- Decorate with gummies and enjoy!